Wednesday 18 April 2007

In the Park

I was just sitting at my desk, bored to tears and my mind started to wander through my library of memories. It stopped at one that had you in it.

Do you remember that summer when we were still hiding our relationship from our family and friends. That was a fucked up time. Sneaking about, pretending not to smile when I "accidentally" brushed my breasts up against your arm. Actually, it wasn't so bad. Inconvenient perhaps.

I remember that saturday, you know the one where we ended up spending the night in the park? Well, you came over to my house for our house warming, my parents were happy to see you, as they always where. Our families had been friends for years and you always seemed to put a smile on my mums face.

Its ironic, when you think about how close our families are, that they were so against our relationship. You being muslim and me being christian is a hurdle, I can't deny that. But it didnt have to be the end of the race.

Anyway, that day we had so much alcohol and we were both gragged. We hadnt yet consumated our relationship and I could see it in your eyes that you wanted to. I am sure that the lust in my eyes mirrored the lust in yours. What could we have done, we culdnt stay at mine and we couldnt go to yours. We decided to go to the park to chill.

11pm in any park is always scary but that night it was calm, everything looked peaceful somehow, as if the trees had decided to be our accomplices and turn a blind eye.

Oh, you were so cute, unsure what to do. I could see the uncertainty in your eyes, "do I try", "will she think that I dont respect her" "what if someone walks by". Then I kissed you. You smiled. All the doubts seemed to just melt away.

You kissed me back and before I knew what was going on, we were on the grass, my top off and my skirt pulled up to my waist. You were so gentle. As if you were trying to reassure me of your love, irrespective of our surroundings.

Afterwards, we just lay there and talked, When we finally checked the time, it was 3am. Shit! I knew I was in yawa. But fuck it, I asked you if you wanted to go, you said no and pulled me into your arms. And we fell asleep.

That night, I fell in love with you. I decided that I was going to fight tooth and nail to be with you and if my family didnt like it well.... I would continue this letter but the tears are beginning to fall, I know the day will come when I remember and don't cry. But till then....

Always
Me

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got a link to this today, and i almost didn't bother clicking - but glad i did. Welcome to blogger.

Idemili said...

I am sooooo happy I checked up on you. Great blog already. I'm giving you a shout on mine.

Tinuke said...

Virtual Reality: I'm glad you did too. Thank You

Idemili: Thank You, I am a fan of your blog too. Dark Man X is intense.

Anonymous said...

I just started readn blogs....i came across urs ..and I had to read it from the beginning I dont know u..but I feel like I have experinced Love the way u have ..not sure If i have been loved bac like that but I pray I will one day...and ur blog jsut touches me in diff ways I wasnt sure I could imagine....

doll (retired blogger) said...

i read from the beginning to the end or should i say from the end to the beginning