Thursday 19 April 2007

I'll Never Forget Paris.

I signed up for a London to Paris bike ride to raise money for Cancer Research. 300 miles! You would be so proud of me, I practice 3 times a week.

Paris! I haven't been back to Paris since we went. Those 3 days were the best days of my life. It was our first anniversary and you said that your house was empty so we could have a lazy weekend together alone, for the first time since we'd been together. Most people would have turned their noses up at the thought of spending an anniversary, especially a first one at home. But I was ecstatic. I couldn't wait.

I told momsi that I was going to Dublin for Dolapo's graduation and she didn't bat an eyelid. I knew she couldn't cal aunty Dupe to find out if I was there because they had fallen out a while ago. The lie was set. Bring on the weekend!

When I was packing, you sent me a cryptic text 2Don't forget to pack you passport", ah ! since when do i need a passport to go to my boyfriend's house, see me see wahala. I called you but you didn't pick up. OK. So I packed my passport.

30 minutes later, You sent me a text that you were downstairs and I said bye to my parents, guiltily pocketing the £200 they gave me to give Dolapo. Well.... I was already a liar, I might as well ad thief to my many sins.Instead of your car, you were sitting in a cab, obviously we were not going to yours.

As soon as I got into the cab, you kissed me. Every time you kissed me, my heart melted. I put my arms around your chests and held on tight. 20 minutes later, we pulled into Waterloo station, I looked at you and cocked my head "Paris?" I asked. You nodded and held my hand as we walked to Euro Star.

On the Euro Star, we were that annoying couple, You know, the one that I usually frowned at because of their public displays of affection, while secretly envying their openness. We always seem to be looking behind our shoulder, never relaxed. But that Friday, we snuggled, we kissed.... It was bliss. Seun, we should have eloped.

Paris was beautiful, 2 nights of pure pleasure. We hardly left the hotel, but I didn't mind. It was over in a flash and the train ride home was totally different from the one there. Both of us silent, both of us in our own worlds.

I never told you this but that night, I cried myself to sleep. I was so frustrated; Our first anniversary, A whole year of lies and deceit. I was tired. But I loved you so much. I still do.

Thanks for Paris
Always
Me

6 comments:

zaiprincesa said...

OMG!!..i dont know u, but i am weepin for u and ur lost love...sorri, im a hopeless romantic..:)

I went back to read ur other entries, and the thot crosses my mind.."would i be willing to fight for the one i love, and would he fight for me??"

Idemili said...

OMG, did she say he was a lost love? I was looking forward to the conclusion of bliss and happiness, even though I wouldn't call myself a romantic.

Tinuke said...

Zaiprincesa: If you love someone and he loves you back, surely that is something worth fighting for. If it isnt worth fighting for then it isnt really love.

Idemili: I am a realist, not by choice but by default. Sometimes we do not have much of a say in the conclusion of the stories of our lives

Thanx for dropping by you guys.

Miss Az`ure said...

This is one of those Life time worthy blogs. We all want happily ever after, but only a few people ever get to be with thier true love.

Do you think you can love another MORE than him ?

Tinuke said...

Miss Pearse: I don't think I can love any one as much as that much less more. Happily ever after is only half a story.....

Anonymous said...

if he was as willing as Seun...I would fight....