Tuesday 13 November 2007

Ladies Night!

For the first time in forever I was having a girl’s night out

“Dinner round mine first” I had told them.

I picked up the phone and called Peking palace trying unsuccessfully to ignore their grumbling.

The wine was in the fridge; I took it out and watched the bottle start to sweat.

I make a mental note of everything,

It’s been too long since I had a night like this

I have missed my friends, we talk don’t get me wrong but it’s just not the same.

The door bell rings and I rush to get my purse

An aroma fills the hallway but it’s not Chinese, its Dolce and Gabbana’s light blue.

She has been wearing the same fragrance for four years, my friend.

I smile; the smell brings back memories, filled with laughter and joy.

I close my eyes as if I will be magically transported back to that time

I open them almost immediately; it’s time to make new memories

I hear screeches in the living room and I rush to be a part of the madness

How I missed the madness

They are talking about D’s dress; apparently it’s so short that she can’t even bend over

I make a mental note to be the pickerupper of any dropped items

We eat the food, we drink the wine and we talked the talk, hours went by.

As usual no one wants to get up, the planner in the group reminds us of the time

We all look around and burst out laughing, something about this seems way too familiar

After intensive cajoling, we all make it out the house,

The cab driver is a warm, funny old guy, as he drops us off, he tells us not to drink too much

As if!

The music was amazing, the company, incredible,

At the end of the night we struggled to all fit on my bed,

I remembered this part; it was the survival of the fittest

Where one person gives up and takes the sofa

No one ever wanted to be on the sofa, but tonight I gave in easily

I lay on the sofa and replayed the evening’s events as if willing myself to remember every detail

I hear a noise and turn to see my best friend, “welcome back T, I missed you” she says

I ponder that statement for a little while then I fall asleep.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya

Thats so sweet of ur friend !

Its time 2 live ur life afresh

Embrace ur past
Live ur life 2 d fullest
Party like theres no 2moro

Lifes dealt u some heavy blows
But ure blessed
Ure young
So come back 2 our loving arms

Am crazy happy 4 u

Muah

Ola

Anonymous said...

Heya

Thats so sweet of ur friend !

Its time 2 live ur life afresh

Embrace ur past
Live ur life 2 d fullest
Party like theres no 2moro

Lifes dealt u some heavy blows
But ure blessed
Ure young
So come back 2 our loving arms

Am crazy happy 4 u

Muah

Ola

Anonymous said...

Heya

Thats so sweet of ur friend !

Its time 2 live ur life afresh

Embrace ur past
Live ur life 2 d fullest
Party like theres no 2moro

Lifes dealt u some heavy blows
But ure blessed
Ure young
So come back 2 our loving arms

Am crazy happy 4 u


Welcome back dearie!


Muah

Ola

Anonymous said...

Tinu abeg delete d othr 2 wetin be this nah lol

Anonymous said...

yeah...
i understand the feelings...one gets carried away wuth the struggle of life...u forget to do some important things that matters...

am sure u felt good after the night out....

its neccessary ...

Anonymous said...

that welcome back meant a lot Tinu, they are good friends, they waited for you to heal and come back to them..

Orientatednaijababe said...

Ur friends are so sweet..I commend them for their patience and love towards you.....

I join them in welcoming u back.....

U r blessed with great friends....

Have a lovely week..

darkelcee said...

I can only join your friend to repeat.

WELCOME Back dearie

Allied said...

You have good friends. They welcomed you back cause you are urself again!

Welcome Back!!!!

Ms. Catwalq said...

welcome back girl...
I have been a delinquent friend for a while.

Idemili said...

Great to see you're enjoying yourself!

Unknown said...

I am glad that you are back. :-)

Yes..Your name is Tinuke...let me correct that on my blog.

You have been tagged...

Anonymous said...

i'm so hapi for you...wish u all d best..

Anonymous said...

Gurl!!! i just sat at my desk and read you whole blog through.... i cried several times, and it just makes me think.. wonder.... u found love... you found the one.. you shall be fine... life suxz like dat but still its a beautiful life.. the irony...

i am happy you are back to hanging with your friends... you reallu need that in your life...
u deservr to be happy... all th best girl...

N.I.M.M.O said...

Welcome back T.

(Why did everybody have to say what I wanted to say. Copy copy)

Nimmo

Anonymous said...

welcome back......God will definitely complete your healing

Nneka's World said...

That is sweet of your friend!

And i gathered you thoroughly enjoyed yourself.

Hope you are cool

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

that was nice to read. Life is too good to not enjoy it!

God bless!

Dolly said...

Pls Update

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

oya come and update now!!

Orientatednaijababe said...

Hey dear!!
You’ve been tagged for the 30 days of thankfulness chain.