Thursday 19 July 2007

Love Seun

Okay, I know my letters are getting heavier and although there is nothing I can do to lighten things up, I do want you to remember the happy times as well as the sad. So I dug deep into my memory and found my one claim to being a romantic.





I remember it clearly, I was at Tosin's and the girls were making fun of me for lacking a romantic side, How much more romantic can you get? was my argument, I chose love over family. But I understood what they meant, In the romance department, you beat me hands down. You were always the one with the grand gestures, the sweet, albeit sometimes embarrassing displays of affection.





So it began.....





Stage One:





Find a restaurant that had at least one slow/non existent night in terms of takings. Book the whole restaurant. I was lucky; It so happened that Tokunbo's then girlfriend (and I use that term very loosely) had a brother who had just opened an Italian restaurant on city road and business was really slow... Good for me, not so much for him.





Stage Two:





Find a guitarist and singer that could play Eric Clapton's you look wonderful tonight. We both loved that song and in my mind, it was our song. I found a guy on oxford street and he played and sang beautifully, asked him if he knew that song and he smiled. Talent booked.





Stage Three:





Think of something that doesn't make it look like I plagiarised my romantic gesture from some cheesy Meg Ryan or Julia Roberts movie. I had the restaurant make a heart out of tea lights and then spell your name in the middle of it in tea lights. Love Seun





Stage Four:





Get you there without suspecting a thing. I enlisted your big mouthed friend Gbovo and begged him not to say anything. Surprisingly he went along with it. He got you there under the pretext of an old school friend's engagement do.





The Night:





You walked into the restaurant and your face registered confusion when you were met with an empty room and just me . The tea lights caught your attention and your face lit up as you started to get the picture. I walked to you, took your hand and led you to the table. Dinner was exquisite. The wine was perfect and the company... Well the company was second to none. After dinner, Luke, the musician, came out and played our song.





After the music, we sat there and we talked until the manager politely told us that his staff would like to go home now.





The next day, when I was recounting word for word the events of the previous night to my friends, I revelled in the knowledge that they could never call me unromantic again. All that was missing from my romantic, somewhat cheesy night was the horse and carriage and I did try and book one :-)





I realised though that being romantic comes naturally to some people and others (me) have to work at it. I think I gave it a good shot. Don't You?





Always


Me

11 comments:

Anu boy said...

yup, u did

ozaveshe said...

seun is some lucky guy

Idemili said...

I don't have a romantic bone in my body but that sure was nice.

The experiences of an achiever....... said...

awww! i await d next post longingly (is that a word?) and impatiently!

zaiprincesa said...

aaww, that was so sweet....

Anonymous said...

awwwwwww,how romantic!!!

Anonymous said...

Your posts always seem to help me out. Thinking of something romantic(well nice) to do for my man for his bday on sunday and NOTHING comes to mind. You have just inspired me.

sugar said...

awwww...thats so sweet.thot i was extra romantic until i read dis post.

Mimi said...

:)

awwww

book a whole restaurant - mental note.


ok so go on...what happened to seun?

Waffarian said...

sorry I have been away for so long, but I have thought of you and your Seun. Hope you are doing well, had a lot of catching up to do! Anyway, that was romantic!

Anonymous said...

remeba i told u the time for my fight,it has arrived doe so not what it was supposed to be,One post helped me hea doe,I'll tell u sumday